|Photo Credit: Marc by Marc Jacobs purchase book mark here|
Today marks a very special day for me! Call me a complete narcissist, but today officially marks my favorite month ever, not only is it Black History Month and Valentines day ~lurv month, but it is also my birthday month, which, if you know me at all, it's kind of a big deal.
(Also important, I am by no means equating my birthday and valentines day with Black History month, it is EXTREMELY important to look at the deplorable history of this nation and remember the amazing people who rose above diversity and racist insanity,and made our world a better place especially with the recent events in Furgesson and just anytime you turn on the damn news.)
I haven't written in awhile, but today marks a great opportunity to get back into the writing/blogging game, because why not!
To start this month off right, I've made a list of things I've learned over the past few months of living by myself, that might help you out.
1) Moisturize your feet and wear socks to sleep - I promise you, your feet will transform from dinofeet to babybuttfeet right before your very eyes.
2) Precut Vegetables are pretty fucking amazing - It will cut your cooking time in half (see what I did there) throw them into a pan, marinate and you instantly have something healthy and yummy ANDDD who the eff knows how to cut an onion correctly anyway.
3) If you're ever late for work or school DO NOT SAY ANYTHING - If you make a big deal about it with a list of excuses,you are making a mental note in your manager or bosses head that you were late and they will remember it. Multiply that by however many times you weren't quite able to hop up out of bed and turn your swag on-on time, and they'll forever think you aren't the punctual princess you truly are. Just slip in, don't say anything and they probably didn't notice anyway.
4) If you ever mess up, just apologize - Every time I've done goffed and ran off a list of excuses for why I've done goofed, I've learned the hard way that that was not Gucci. Literally NO ONE wants to hear your excuses. Just give an earnest apology without any false promises of the "next time" and just make a mental note to yourself to try to do better next time. It's okay to mess up guys, life is hard sometimes.
5)Proof reading is NOT for chumps - Even if grammar isn't your forte,(which it still isn't necessarily for me) proof reading is important, and 99% of the time, I do find a mistake when I look back.
6) Do not set multiple alarms - Set one and just wake the fuck up! Try to remember how good it feels to wear your favorite pink robe, sip your coffee leisurely and actually enjoy your morning while the sun rises and says "what's good?" to you. You'll have time to get full glitz, make yourself a yummy healthy lunch and you probably won't forget anything you might actually need.
7) Before leaving your house repeat the mantra, "Wallet, Phone, Keys,is everything potentially flammable unplugged or extinguished?" - this goes without saying
8) There's no kind way to say "I wasn't talking to you" - so don't beat yourself up if you feel like you just came across as a rude wench.
9) It is kind of rude to stop people mid story and say "you've told me that story before" - either sit through it again when amongst company that hasn't heard the story, or if you're alone,politely chime in with something like "oh yes, the time you rode the Jetski with Mickey Rourke, I love that story!"
10) When there is a grey cloud hanging over your head, it is 100% okay to put on sweats and give up for the day - some days are just not you days, and knowing when to give up is fundamental in your personal health and well being.
That being said, I want this month to be a month of self love and introspection. I want to write a lot, take a lot of bubble baths and take Jane Austen-like pensive walks. I want to get to the root of my troubled feelings and grey cloud vibes and cheer myself up from the inside out.
Bonus tip: If Netflix asks you "Are you Still Watching *insert TV show*" more than 1, it probably means you should get off your arse and do something productive. Netflix IS judging you.
I hope you have a great February and tune into some major tips that I will be bringing out. Also don't think I just proposed Sex and the Awkward Girl, this month I will tell even more tinder date horror stories <3
Keep it sassy,
Caelan aka Sasssquatch